Attorney Walt Cubberly works in Williams Hart’s pharmaceutical and personal injury sections. He has litigated in state and federal court and has received numerous awards and honors for his work. He is licensed to practice in Texas, California, and Missouri. Walt has always wanted to help people. He considers himself blessed to be a trial lawyer, and is passionate in fighting for his clients against large corporations that put profit over the safety of their consumers.
“When someone comes into my office looking for an attorney, it’s normally because something devastating has happened to him or her. He or she needs help. And it’s my job,” Walt says, “to help. To fight my guts out to get them the justice they deserve. And to guide and comfort them, as best as I can, through a scary and daunting process.”
Walt grew up in Houston, attending Lamar High School, where he played baseball. After graduating from the University of Texas, Walt went to the University of Houston for law school. There, he was a research assistant to Professors David Dow and Leslie Griffin, two of the most brilliant legal minds he’s ever been around. After graduating tenth in his law-school class, Walt clerked for Justice Phil Johnson of the Texas Supreme Court.
He has litigated in state and federal court and has won accolades for his work. In a recent lawsuit against the City of Houston, after winning an interlocutory appeal at the Fifth Circuit, the Defendants settled the case for what the Houston Chronicle called “by far the largest settlement to be reported in any case” of its kind “in years.”
Today, Walt works in Williams Hart’s pharmaceutical and personal injury sections. Walt is currently representing Non Hodgkins Lymphoma cancer victims who were harmed due to RoundUp Weed Killer exposure in the Eastern District Court of Missouri. He is Licensed to practice in the State of Missouri and is admitted to the Eastern District of Missouri. Walt has also litigated commercial disputes, both domestic and international. When Walt isn’t working, he likes hunting, watching the Astros, and bad jokes.
Areas of Practice
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
Legal Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Briefing attorney for Justice Phil Johnson, Texas Supreme Court.
- University of Houston, J.D., 2009 – Magna Cum Laude
- Houston Law Review, Associate Editor
- Research Assistant to Professor Leslie Griffin
- Research Assistant to Professor David Dow
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barons
- Lex Award in Constitutional Law
- University of Texas, B.A., 2004
Licensed to Practice
- State of Texas
- State of California
- State of Missouri
- Southern District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Eastern District of Missouri