Houston Area Truck Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in an accident involving a truck or 18-wheeler, it is essential to take immediate action to protect your health, livelihood, and your family’s well-being. At Williams Hart, our team of compassionate and experienced attorneys knows the devastation that a large vehicle can cause during a wreck. That is why we have successfully fought on behalf of countless people not only in the Greater Houston area but also throughout the country.
With millions of dollars recovered for clients over the years, Williams Hart has an extensive record of success in finding clients the settlements they deserve. To schedule a free consultation with one of our Houston truck accident lawyers, give us a call at (800) 220-9341, send us a text, or use the live chat feature located on our website.
How Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
All too often, individuals who are hurt in an accident with an 18-wheeler find themselves in a seemingly impossible battle against a large corporation’s insurance company. Insurance and truck companies alike will try to prevent you from receiving compensation and leave you to bare all the financial and medical burden. With the overwhelming resources and financial backing of such large companies, victory can seem impossible.
An experienced and detail-oriented legal professional will fight to win the compensation you deserve and get justice for your truck accident. They will be able to conduct an independent investigation of your accident to identify all the liable parties and gather all the necessary evidence for your case. Attorneys are familiar with insurance agent tricks, so they will not accept settlement offers that are too low. Furthermore, Texas carries a two-year statute of limitations for claims on accidents, so the sooner you contact an attorney, the easier it will be to secure your compensation.
There is no reason to work against truck and insurance companies alone. An attorney can help through the entire legal process, so you can focus on what matters – your health.
Why Choose Williams Hart for Your Truck Accident Case?
Don’t make the mistake of hiring an inexperienced lawyer or retaining someone who is afraid to go to trial. The experienced Houston legal professionals of Williams Hart are here to help you recover the compensation you deserve to help with medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. We are not afraid to fight on your behalf, no matter who the opponent might be.
Williams Hart has been handling injury cases for clients across the Greater Houston area and Texas for over 25 years. We have collected billions of dollars for our clients in the past, including $11 million for an individual client injured in an accident with a commercial truck. We are ready to do the same for you.
You need a nationally-acclaimed firm with vast resources and trial winning experience such as Williams Hart on your side. Not only are we praised for our dedication, but our success has also earned us a Tier One Regional Ranking with Best Lawyers for Best Law firms in Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions. At Williams Hart, we are committed to getting you the compensation you deserve after your truck accident.
Types of Truck Accidents
Trucking accidents are not limited to 18-wheelers. Other types of trucks that can cause devastating accidents include:
Truck accidents can happen in a wide variety of ways, including:
- Blind Spot Incidents – Large trucks have larger blind spots than other vehicles, often called “no zones.” Failure to monitor these spots can lead to accidents.
- Construction Zone Accidents – Work zones can often pose unique conditions that require a greater level of awareness. Negligence by truckers driving in these areas can lead to accidents.
- Improper Braking Techniques or Brake Failure – Sometimes poor maintenance or oversight during the inspection process can lead to brake failure. Additionally, truckers are trained to brake using specific techniques to improve stopping distance and prevent locking. Failure to follow these techniques can cause truckers to lose control.
- Jackknifing – Jackknifing is a specific type of brake-related accident. If the brakes on the trailer lock up, it can cause the trailer to swerve and turn to an angle that will cause the truck to roll over.
- Rear-End Collisions – Trucks need much more room to stop than other vehicles, especially if they are carrying heavy loads. Failure to apply the proper braking technique, brake failures, or simply not allowing enough room to stop can cause rear-end collisions.
- Rollovers – As they are much taller vehicles, trucks are prone to rolling over, especially on tight corners at high speeds.
- Drunk Truck Driver – Unfortunately, some truck drivers use illegal substances or alcohol while on the road. Driving under the influence always increases the chances of an accident.
- Truck vs. Motorcycle – Trucks and motorcycles are often incompatible on the road, due to the difference in their size and speed. Unfortunately, many truck vs. motorcycle accidents can be fatal for the motorcyclist.
- Underride Accident – This is an especially deadly type of accident that causes a smaller vehicle to become wedged underneath a truck.
- Wide Turns – Especially in the case of right turns, trucks will swing out in the opposite direction before turning. Vehicles may become trapped in the ‘no zone’ or a truck may hit a car to its left.
- Lost Loads – If a truck does not have its cargo secured, it can break free from the vehicle, causing damage to nearby vehicles.
- Intersections – Given that trucks have a longer stopping distance and wider turn angles, intersections can be tricky. Trucks that fail to brake in time may cause an accident in the intersection or squeeze cars as they turn.
- Truck Defect – As with normal automobiles, defective parts in trucks can lead to malfunctions that can seriously hurt their drivers or other motorists.
- Trucking Company Negligence – Trucking companies can sometimes strain their employees too hard, forcing them to drive more hours than is legally allowed, or not maintaining their trucks to the safety standards they should. This kind of negligent penny pinching can lead to innocent people being hurt.
- Driver Error – In order to drive a truck, a person must earn a special license. Even with this additional training, truck drivers can still make life-threatening mistakes.
If you or a loved one were injured in any of these kinds of accidents, you may be eligible for financial compensation from the driver or truck company. Williams Hart can investigate the details of your case to determine exactly how much your case may be worth.
Contact Williams Hart Today
Truck accidents can cause extensive property damage, medical bills, and major life disruptions that can result in lost income and productivity. If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident, you need a truck accident attorney who can successfully argue your case and get you the compensation that you need for your recovery and return to normal life.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident involving a truck or 18-wheeler, you need to contact an attorney right away to discuss your case. The experienced attorneys of Williams Hart are just a call away. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (800) 220-9341, send us a text, or use the live chat located here on our website.
Truck Accident Aftermath
WHO’S RESPONSIBLE AND WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Truck accidents are very different from ordinary wrecks, and oftentimes injured individuals may be eligible from compensation from multiple parties. Not only may the driver of the truck be held accountable, the company that hired the driver and other parties may also be partially at fault for the injuries and financial burdens that you are now forced to deal with.
For many individuals, it quickly becomes clear that the entities they are fighting following a wreck have nearly unlimited resources and are not interested in their recovery or well-being. Instead, the major corporation and insurance company that you are facing is likely to pressure you into settling your case for far less than it is worth. This is the “game” that they play with injured individuals, and the attorneys at Williams Hart know all –too-well the tricks that they try to play. We will not stand for this treatment of our clients, and we are not afraid to take on major companies head-on.
We have nearly three-decades of trial experience against the biggest corporations and insurance companies. We have represented individuals with serious, life-altering injuries who have been offered pennies by the insurance company, and we have committed ourselves to pursuing justice for those who have been hurt. You should not have to shoulder the financial burden that this wreck has put upon you, and the responsible party should be held accountable for their actions.
Truck Accident FAQs
GET ANSWERS TO YOUR TRUCK ACCIDENT QUESTIONS.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident with a truck or 18-wheeler, you likely have many questions about your rights, who is responsible, and how to take care of your family during your time of recovery. Below are the answers to the questions we often hear from truck accident clients.