Houston Divorce and Family Law Attorney
At Williams Hart, it is a top priority of ours to develop co-counsel relationships with other law firms of all types. Some cases require legal representation from experts with experience and resources specific to their case type.
Attorney Robert C. Kuehm, of counsel for Williams Hart, has over 35 years of experience in helping people like you with their family legal issues. Robert has the experience and expertise you need to quickly resolve highly contentious, complex cases.
For more information, visit kuehmlaw.com or call 713-861-6166 if you need legal help in any of these areas:
- Divorce Litigation – Robert has been representing clients in divorce litigations for over 30 years. We handle all types of divorce cases from simple undisputed divorces with very little community property to highly disputed cases that must resolve conflicts between multiple marital estates, including the issues of separate property and reimbursement.
- Premarital and Postmarital Property Agreements – If you have a substantial estate, individuals might want to consider marital property agreements as a way to resolve future property disputes. Premarital and Postmarital Agreements are tools that allow individuals to plan for and prevent messy complications in the event of a future divorce.
- Custody Litigation – Robert has specialized in resolving disputes regarding the custody of children. These cases can be stressful and traumatic for your family. It is important that you retain an attorney with the necessary experience to provide you with the proper guidance through these difficult times. Robert has the experience needed in resolving these cases, whether through agreement, mediation or trial before a judge or a jury.
- Child Support – If a parent fails to pay child support, or if a parent is being sued for enforcement of a prior order for child support, it is crucial that you know your rights. Robert has been successful in prosecuting and defending child support issues.
- Modification – After divorce, circumstances can change regarding custody, support, possession and other issues. We can help you modify your prior order to more accurately coincide with your new circumstances.
- Paternity – When a child is born out of wedlock, we can provide services to establish parental rights and obligations of the parents, including child custody, visitation and support.
- Adoptions – Robert has experience in helping parents complete the adoption process. Whether you are a stepparent who wishes to adopt a stepchild, a grandparent adopting a grandchild, or some other situation, we will help finalize your parental rights through the courts. However, we do not find children or place children for adoption.
- Grandparents Rights – Robert has represented grandparents in actions to protect visitation rights. Grandparents’ rights are limited but there are times where they can be asserted.
- Family Violence/Protective Orders – If you or your family has suffered from family violence, we can help you obtain a Protective Order through the courts.
- Domestic and International Child Abduction – Robert has experience dealing with the difficult issue of child abduction domestically, as well as internationally under the provisions of the Hague Convention.
- Litigation Support – Robert provides assistance to other attorneys by serving as a consultant on complex family law issues, taking depositions and providing local counsel.
- Mediation – Robert is an experienced mediator in divorce and other family law matters; he has trained with the A. A. White Institute.
- Change of Name – If you want to change your name, restore your maiden name, or legally change the name of one of your children, we can help you.