Helping the injured since 1983

Contact us at (800) 220-9341 to schedule a FREE consultation today.

Get Help NOW!

More than 80 people sent to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at Beaumont middle school

Posted on Thursday, January 28th, 2016 at 3:56 pm by Williams Hart   |  Updated: Tuesday, September 25th, 2018 at 9:04 pm    

Marshall Middle School in Beaumont was evacuated after a carbon monoxide leak in the school was reported this morning, according to the report Beaumont ISD made with Click2Houston.  According to reports, a number of students complained of feeling light-headed.

Once the school was evacuated, medical responders attended to students and adults at the scene.  Of the people who were evacuated, 79 students and two adults were sent to the hospital for additional treatment.

While officials with the Beaumont Fire Department have reported that they believe the leak originated from the school boiler room, they are not yet sure when the leak may have began.  That being said, officials did say that it would take anywhere between two and three hours for a person to show symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning at the levels they observed.

At Williams Hart, we will continue to monitor this situation, and will provide updates as they become available.

Share Post

Wh-emblem
Have you or a loved one been injured in an accident?

Contact us today at (800) 220-9341 to get a free, confidential case evaluation.