Attorney Eloy Gaitan has been practicing law since 1994. Upon his graduation from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas, Eloy went on to pursue a law degree at the Thurgood Marshall School of Law. From there, he went on to practice law privately for over 12 years. Upon joining Williams Hart law firm, he has specialized in labor employment, personal injury, and worker’s compensation.
Eloy understands first-hand the spiraling traumatic events that can occur when a working family member is injured. This is one of the motivating factors that Eloy considered when he decided to become a lawyer. “My father was injured when I was in high school. I understand the hardships and financial pressures that a family endures when the sole breadwinner is unable to earn a weekly check.” Eloy continues, “The daily routines, stability, and security all change and place the family into constant turmoil.”
Eloy is licensed to practice in the state of Texas and is a member of numerous legal professional associations. He is board-certified in Workers’ Compensation Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. His expertise in labor and employment law is a valuable asset at Williams Hart. Where, he says, “We are fortunate to have an abundant amount of resources in representing our clients. Our eagerness to tap into these resources has greatly benefited our clients. We zealously defend each of our client’s cases. We understand the Hispanic culture and the need to have a lawyer who understands you and communicates on your behalf in the court of law. Thus, I’m proud to say that most of our lawyers are fluent in Spanish”.
When he is not practicing the law, Eloy is spending quality time with his family, working out, or riding his Harley. Yet even then, he is thinking about his cases, “Trial is a battle of strategy.”
Eloy enjoys helping his clients and their families. He has a piece of advice for anyone who may feel like they have been unjustly wronged. “Do not be scared of our legal system, for it is to serve, protect and preserve our rights under the law.”
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Law
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1993
- Texas Tech University, Bachelor of Science, 1982
- Solo Practice, 12 years in Personal Injury/Workers’ Comp Law.
Legal Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice
- American Bar Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Mexican American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas Workers’ Compensation Section
Licensed to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization