Houston Whiplash Lawyers
If you or someone you love has sustained a whiplash injury in a motor vehicle accident, Williams Hart can help you get the compensation that you deserve. Contrary to popular belief, whiplash injuries are often more than just temporary pain. Whiplash can affect your ability to work and prevent you from living life as you did before your car accident. At Williams Hart, we help injured whiplash victims obtain the medical treatment they desperately need and the financial recovery they deserve from the liable parties. Our Houston whiplash injury lawyers have successfully resolved thousands of injury claims. If you’ve suffered a whiplash injury in a car accident caused by the negligence of another person, contact Williams Hart today by calling (713) 352-7071 or chatting with one of our live representatives on our website.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Under civil law, you or your loved one are entitled to compensation for the losses you sustained as a result of another’s negligence. Most car accidents include some level of negligence on the part of the person who caused the wreck. This is true for rear-end or head-on collisions that, more often than not, lead to whiplash injuries. For example, if the negligent or careless driver was distracted, drunk, speeding, or following too closely, they may be held liable for your whiplash injuries. They would be responsible for compensating you for pain and suffering, medical treatment expenses, and lost wages associated with your whiplash. It is important to remember that the law is complex, however, and trying to navigate the legal nuances of a claim on your own may lead to a less successful outcome. A Houston car accident lawyer at Williams Hart will thoroughly review the facts of your case, guide you through the entire legal process, and advocate on your behalf to obtain a fair settlement or award.
Why You Should Choose Williams Hart
The team at Williams Hart will fight to protect your interests after you’ve sustained a whiplash injury. Our experienced whiplash attorneys will take the stress of dealing with insurance carriers away from you so that you can focus on healing. Our legal team has over 35 years of experience with these types of claims, and we will make your interests our number one priority. If your injuries are so severe that you are unable to visit our office in Houston, we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Don’t let the fear of costly legal fees stop you from hiring qualified legal representation. Our experienced attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay unless we win. We also offer free initial consultations so you can explore your legal options before making a commitment.
Whiplash Injury Symptoms and Diagnosis
Whiplash Associated Disorder (WAD) (more commonly known as whiplash) is based on the motion of the head and neck that simulates the motion of a whip. This back-and-forth jerking motion is common in car accident victims. Victims may damage cervical muscles, discs, intervertebral joints, nerve roots, or ligaments. Some common symptoms of whiplash injuries include the following:
- Stiffness in the neck
- Back pain
- Pain in the neck or shoulder
- Throat pain
- Difficulty with balance
- Burning or tingling in the neck, shoulders, back, or spine
- Lameness in the arms
If you or a loved one are experiencing any of these symptoms after an accident, contact a lawyer at Williams Hart right away. We can help get you the compensation you deserve after your accident.
Getting Compensation for a Whiplash Injury
Insurance companies play a key role in determining the amount of compensation you receive in a whiplash claim. One of the attorneys from Williams Hart will work with you on any potential settlement offers or awards to make sure that you are receiving the greatest amount of compensation possible. However, from the moment after your car accident, there are steps you will need to take to obtain the maximum amount that you deserve:
- Seek Medical Attention: We highly suggest that you do not delay in seeking medical treatment after your car accident or after you’ve been properly diagnosed with a whiplash injury by a medical professional. This is important not only to your health but to provide evidence to the insurance company that your injury does in fact exist. If you delay in seeking treatment, the perception may be that your whiplash injury is minor or non-exist. Claim adjusters employed by insurance companies may testify that your injury was not caused by the accident but rather by an intervening cause.
- Preserve Medical Records: It is vital that after every medical appointment, you document and preserve your medical records. Again, an insurance company claim adjuster may request that you prove the extent of your injuries. Proof of a whiplash injury may be provided with radiology results, doctor notes, admission documents, prescriptions, specialist referrals, etc. Moreover, it is also important that you keep all your medical appointments for treatment, including follow-up appointments. All of this information is necessary to ensure you have proof of your whiplash injury.
- Document the Accident Scene: It may be important to show that another party was responsible for the accident. Furthermore, documenting the accident by taking photographs of the scene may be important to prove that the type of accident (e.g., rear-end collision) correlates with your whiplash injury. Many times, your own memory may lapse after the accident. It is therefore helpful to document the events before and after the accident in case the insurance company requests the information.
Ensuring that these steps are fulfilled will increase your chances of obtaining a fair settlement or award. However, if you have been unable to complete these steps for whatever reason, do not panic. A lawyer from Williams Hart will be able to discuss your options for obtaining the highest possible compensation for your particular case.
The personal injury attorneys at Williams Hart have over 35 years of experience handling whiplash injury cases. Our compassionate and experienced whiplash injury attorneys care deeply about our clients, and we make it our mission to handle each case with the care and attention that it deserves. If you or someone you love has suffered a whiplash injury in a car accident, Williams Hart will work tirelessly to provide you with superior legal representation and get you the compensation you deserve. Please do not hesitate to contact us at (713) 352-7071 to schedule a consultation today.