Houston Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact Williams Hart right away for legal help. Pedestrians are more at risk for injuries if they are involved in an accident with a motor vehicle than the driver of the car. Pedestrians are at a severe disadvantage because they are left totally exposed, while motorists have the protection of their vehicle. Therefore, in an accident between a vehicle and a pedestrian, the pedestrian often sustains more serious injuries, including death.
The severity of injuries for pedestrians depends on a variety of factors, including the angle of impact, the vehicle’s speed, and the part of the body that is struck. Pedestrians are at risk of sustaining injuries such as bone fractures, traumatic brain injuries, internal bleeding, torn ligaments, lacerations, spinal cord injuries, bruises, or even worse, death. In a pedestrian accident, it is vital for lawyers to determine who is at fault and to what degree in order to help the victim obtain the compensation they deserve. An experienced Houston pedestrian accident attorney can advocate on your behalf while you recover from your injuries. Contact Williams Hart at (713) 352-7071 to obtain the justice and compensation you deserve.
Why Hire a Lawyer?
Accidents between pedestrians and vehicles result in thousands of dollars in physical damage every year across the country. If you have been the victim of an accident while walking down a sidewalk, street, or crosswalk, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries. However, to obtain fair compensation, it is important that you contact and discuss your options with an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer. Experienced pedestrian accident lawyers are familiar with the legal process in obtaining the compensation you deserve by negotiating your case with insurance companies.
After an accident, an injured pedestrian should seek medical care immediately, even if their injuries are minor. However, it is also critical that an injured pedestrian consult with an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer. In many cases, drivers attempt to shift the fault to a pedestrian. However, an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer who has handled numerous pedestrian accident claims will know what important evidence to obtain to protect your rights after a pedestrian accident. A pedestrian accident lawyer will gather witness statements, police reports, photographs of the accident scene, information from liable parties, and video evidence, if there is any. They will then be able to compile this evidence into a convincing claim to help you obtain the recovery you deserve.
Why Should I Choose Williams Hart?
Pedestrian accidents that result in serious or even minor injuries demand the help of an experienced pedestrian attorney from Williams Hart. Aside from the legal complexity that arises from pedestrian accidents, it is not uncommon for insurance companies to attempt to limit the compensation they offer you. With so much at stake, you will need a lawyer from Williams Hart to fight diligently on your behalf. At Williams Hart, we will fight relentlessly to obtain the maximum compensation. Our attorneys will not allow insurance companies to take advantage of your misfortunes.
The Houston pedestrian accident lawyers of Williams Hart have experience doing everything we can for our clients, including conferring with accident reconstruction experts to determine the speed of a vehicle when the accident occurred, and working directly with law enforcement and local district attorneys to make sure our clients obtain the justice they deserve. We have won billions of dollars for our clients, including $1,500,00 in a single pedestrian accident case, and we are ready to do the same for you. Additionally, you won’t pay us any legal fees unless we obtain a monetary recovery.
Cases We Handle
The attorneys at Williams Hart understand that every pedestrian accident is different, and we will never use a cookie-cutter approach to your case. However, most pedestrian accidents occur as a result of the negligence of other drivers on the road. Some common causes of pedestrian accidents that we are familiar with at Williams Hart include:
- Distracted driving: If a driver is texting, talking on the phone, eating, or changing their music, they are less likely to notice when unexpected things happen in front of them, and can cause accidents. They may also drift out of their lanes and into spaces where pedestrians are walking.
- Backing up: Backing up pedestrian accidents typically occur due to the driver’s poor visibility. Drivers that are backing up from a driveway or road have a responsibility to back up slowly to prevent an accident. If a driver fails to properly check their blind spots when backing up, or backs up too fast, they can cause an accident.
- Failure to yield: Drivers are required to yield on certain areas of the road. When drivers fail to yield, accidents happen. For example, drivers are required to yield at crosswalks especially when there are pedestrians crossing.
- Speeding: If a driver is speeding and loses control of their vehicle, a pedestrian accident may occur. Drivers have a duty to abide by the speed limits posted on all roads and highways. If a driver goes over the speed limit and strikes a pedestrian, the driver is typically found to be at fault.
- Disregarding traffic signals: If a driver runs a red light or turns when they are not permitted to do so, they can end up colliding with pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Drunk driving: Driving while intoxicated impairs a driver’s judgment and coordination, making it far easier for them to make a mistake and cause a deadly accident.
Whatever the cause of your pedestrian accident, Williams Hart can work with you to determine who was at fault and how best to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Williams Hart has the legal experience and resources to take on insurance companies. Our intake representative will schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers so that we can begin investigating your case. We will fight to recover every benefit you may be entitled to. Rest assured that our attorneys will not settle for anything less than what you deserve. Remember, you will not be required to pay any legal fees unless we obtain a monetary recovery. Contact our Houston office today at (713) 352-7071 or by chatting with a live representative on our website.