South Texas Car Accident Attorneys
Representing accident and injury victims throughout South Texas including areas in the Eagle Ford Shale oilfield
A car accident can cause a lot more than just physical, emotional trauma, or death to the victims involved. Often, it can leave its victims or their families surrounded by debt with no relief in sight.
Every day, someone within the United States falls victim to a car accident that occurred through no fault of their own. An abundant amount of reasons and causes attribute to this grim fact, but what isn’t discussed is how many of these accidents can leave a family without a penny to their name.
The car accident attorneys of Williams Hart understand this fact, and that is why they fight harder than any other law firm in the State of Texas to get the compensation that their clients need to get back on their feet.
Billions Recovered for Our Clients
Contact us today at (713) 352-7071 to start your FREE consultation.
Contact Williams Hart at (713) 352-7071 today to schedule your FREE, no-obligation consultations with the best Eagle Ford Shale car accident attorneys today.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
In Texas, you retain a duty of care every time you get on the road. This means that you agree to drive as safe and responsible as possible. Failure to commit to this means that the driver is liable for any accident he or she may cause. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Adverse Weather Conditions – Rain can lead to slippery roads, and fog can hinder a driver’s visibility. These adverse weather conditions can be a large contributor to a car accident.
- Negligent Driving – Speeding is, by large, the most common car accident within the United States, aside from abruptly switching lanes, rapidly swerving into and out of traffic, and tailgating.
- Texting While Driving/Cell Phone Use – Driving in the State of Texas has become a more dangerous venture with the advent of the cell phone. Texting while driving has recently been outlawed, but it still remains to be one of the biggest contributors to car accidents throughout the nation.
- Intoxicated Driving – Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol puts other drivers at risk of severe injury or death. This should be avoided at all costs. Opt in to staying home or calling a rideshare service instead.
- Distracted Driving – Eating, drinking, applying makeup, and using the radio/GPS can all lead to a car accident.
Because of the various ways that a car accident can occur, enlisting the help of an Eagle Ford Shale car accident attorney from Williams Hart is your best option to navigate complex Texas traffic laws and murky details regarding your accident.
Injuries Sustained in a Car Accident
Many different factors affect the injuries you sustain in a car accident:
- Where you were seated within the vehicle at the time of impact.
- If you wore a seat belt.
- The angle in which the vehicle was impacted.
- What direction you were facing at the moment of impact.
- The vehicle’s speed on impact.
- Whether the airbag deployed or not.
Since factors that contribute to a car accident can vary greatly, so too can the injuries they cause. Depending on the speed and force of impact, a victim’s injuries may range from minor to severe, causing injuries and complications such as:
- Cuts and Lacerations
- Soft Tissue Damage
- Bone Fractures
- Neck and Back Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Chest Injury (e.g. broken ribs or sternum)
- Internal Bleeding
- Internal Organ Trauma
- Chronic Pain
- Head Injuries
- Facial Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Emotional and Psychological Traumatic
- Wrongful Death
If you are a resident of the Eagle Ford Shale area and have sustained serious injuries from a car accident caused by a negligent driver, seek out immediate medical attention. Some injuries may take a few days to manifest, so a quick trip to the doctor can help diagnose any underlying injuries that may exist before they worsen. Afterward, our car accident attorneys at Williams Hart can help you file your car accident claim.
What to Do After a Car Accident
If you or someone you love has experienced any of the above injuries and/or complications after a car accident, medical attention is an immediate necessity. Going to see your doctor after a car accident accomplishes two things:
- Gets you the treatment you need to properly recover.
- Records the injuries you sustained and the costs of treatment you received.
In some hospitals, nursing staff may record this information on an incident report. This report can prove to the civil court that you were indeed injured by the car accident in question and did get immediate medical attention to treat your injuries. Be honest with your doctor about what you are feeling, and take all of the medication that they prescribe.
Once you have received treatment and were discharged from the hospital, you should begin to collect information that is crucial to winning your case. This can include information such as:
- The other driver’s name, contact information, insurance information, driver’s license and plate number.
- Any witnesses’ names and contact information.
- Photos of the car accident, property damage, any road conditions that caused the accident, road signs, skid marks, and any other car involved.
After you acquire these basics, you will need to collect these important documents to help strengthen your case:
- Police Reports
- Medical/Incident Reports
- Hospital Bills
- Pay Stubs
- The Photos of the Scene and Your Injuries
- An Injury Journal (i.e. a journal documenting your how your injuries have affected your daily life, your treatment, and any other car accident injury-related information).
Lastly, get into contact with an experienced car accident attorney from Williams Hart. Time is of the essence when it comes to filing a car accident claim in Texas, as a two (2) year statute of limitations period exists from when the injury was sustained. With our dedicated lawyers at the helm of your car accident case, earning the compensation you deserve in a timely manner, however, becomes a reality.
Why Choose Williams Hart?
The professional and knowledgeable Eagle Ford Shale car accident lawyers of Williams Hart have over 30 years of legal experience under their belt serving the following counties within the Eagle Ford Shale region:
Atascosa, Bee, De Witt, Dimmitt, Frio, Karnes, La Salle, Lavaca, Live Oak, Maverick, McMullen, Webb, Wilson, or Zavala.
Serving these counties has allowed us to develop the necessary legal skill you need to win the compensatory amount required to cover the expenses caused by your car accident. At the same time, it has allowed us to develop many professional relationships with local medical and engineering professionals that can give us a better understanding of how the car accident affected you.
Texas Comparative Negligence Laws
In some cases, driver fault is more equally dispersed. That is why Texas upholds “Modified Comparative Fault”. Under these laws, compensation is barred if liability for an individual’s car accident is more than 51 percent. That means that if you were more than 51 percent at fault for causing the car accident, you will not receive compensation.
At the same time, if you were partially responsible for the accident—below 50 percent—your compensation will be adjusted accordingly. This means that you won’t be entitled to a maximum monetary compensation as you were partly responsible for the car accident.
To illustrate this, if you were involved in a car accident valued at $100,000 and were 20 percent responsible for, the maximum amount of compensation you could fight for is up to $80,000.
Our Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You Fight for Compensation
When negligent drivers cause car accidents that affect us or the ones we love, the resulting damages incurred can add up to tens of thousands of dollars. This overwhelming amount due can cause unhealthy levels of stress in victims, prolonging the healing process and adding to mental anguish.
Fighting for compensation you deserve, however, has never been made easier when you hire the experienced car accident attorneys of Williams Hart. We can help you fight for maximum monetary restitution that can help you cover:
- Past, Present, and Future Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages and/or Loss in Earning Capacity
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Mental Anguish
- Property Damage/Repairs
In instances where the victim perished in a car accident caused by a negligent driver or defective car part, a wrongful death claim can be filed—against the negligent driver or negligent car parts manufacturer respectively—by surviving members of his or her family to cover funeral expenses or losses of consortium/spousal services.
- Over $1 Billion In Client Recovery
- Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Involved in the community
- No Fee unless we win
The Eagle Ford Shale car accident attorneys of Williams Hart are eager and ready to take on your car accident claim in order to win the compensation you need to properly recover. Contact us at (713) 352-7071 today to schedule your FREE, no-obligation consultation.