Houston Aviation Accidents Lawyers
Due to the extreme heights and speeds involved, airplane and helicopter crashes are considerably more dangerous and are often more devastating than other vehicle accidents. In the event of an airplane or helicopter crash, pilots and passengers are at a high risk of serious injuries or death.
If you or someone you love has been involved in an airplane or helicopter accident caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another party, you may be able to take legal action. The experienced Houston aviation lawyers of Williams Hart understand what you are going through and are prepared to help explain your legal options. Contact our offices at (888) 220-0640 to speak to a compassionate attorney today.
Why do I need a Lawyer?
An aviation accident case can be much more complicated compared to other personal injury claims and often requires high-level understanding of aviation as well as the law. When you are overwhelmed by injuries, unexpected expenses, or the loss of a loved one, the last thing on your mind should be learning how to handle a legal proceeding in an unfamiliar industry. An experienced aviation lawyer from Williams Hart will handle all of the legal details in your claim so that you can put your time and energy towards recovering from your injuries.
Aviation law is a unique combination of federal laws that govern the conduct of the airlines as well as tort law, which is what allows citizens to recover from injuries just like yours. In order to have the best chances for success with your aviation accident claim, you need to get the help of an attorney who has direct experience in these areas. Williams Hart has a team of aviation attorneys in our Houston office who have successfully won many aviation accident cases for our clients. We know the law and we can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other damages.
In addition to dealing with the particular set of laws that apply to aviation accident cases, these claims may also require a fair amount of investigation and expert testimony. Independent investigations and expert testimony can give your claim the detailed support you need to prevail. If you try to do this on your own, you would need to find the proper investigators, find reliable expert witnesses and fund these expensive endeavors out of your own pocket. When you work with an aviation attorney at Williams Hart, we take care of these details for you. We have an expansive network of qualified individuals who can complete additional investigations into cases, as well as working relationships with a number of aviation experts. We also cover the upfront costs of using these resources, and you pay nothing unless we win your claim. This way, you get to choose from the best team to provide information about your case.
Why Choose Williams Hart?
When you choose Williams Hart, you will be represented by a team of compassionate attorneys who have dedicated our lifelong practice of the law to helping accident victims get relief from their injuries. You are entitled to just compensation for the injuries you have received, and our experienced aviation attorneys are ready to work with you as we fight for your rights.
At Williams Hart, we do everything in our power to go above and beyond your expectations. We have decades of experience in providing support to injured clients and their families, with an excellent success rate. We take on cases of all sizes, and fight with the same aggression for individual clients as we do for our largest corporate clients.
When you choose Williams Hart, you will join thousands of satisfied clients who we have recovered billions of dollars for. Our success rate with settlements and at trial is why we are included in the best legal reviews, including The World’s Premier Guide Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Avvo. We are also highly ranked by other lawyers in Martindale-Hubbell’s Peer Review Rated listing for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability. When other attorneys show their trust of our firm, you know that you can trust us with your claim, too.
Causes of Helicopter and Airplane Accidents
Victims of airplane and helicopter crashes may experience serious physical injuries as well as emotional and psychological damage. If your loved one did not survive the accident, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim against the person or party accountable for loss of support, companionship, and financial costs. Some of the most common causes of plane and helicopter crashes include:
- Air Traffic Controller Error
- Negligence by the Airline
- Airplane or Helicopter Pilot Error
- Pilot Intoxication
- Helicopter or Airplane Defects and Malfunction
- Runway Problems
Cases involving airplane and helicopter crashes are complex and require the experience of a trusted attorney to hold the careless party responsible for the pain they have inflicted upon you and your family.
One of the most essential aspects of your claim will be identifying the at-fault party. Aviation accidents are complex, and there are many possible liable parties, including:
- Flight attendants
- Air traffic control staff
- The airline
- The manufacturer of the plane or helicopter
- The owner of the plane or helicopter
It is possible that multiple parties may be considered at-fault in your claim. A lawyer from Williams Hart will be able to investigate your case in order to identify all the possible liable parties and hold them accountable.
Cases We Handle
At Williams Hart, we can help injury victims from any type of aviation accident get the compensation you deserve. We regularly handle cases involving:
- Helicopter Accidents: Helicopter accidents are especially frequent in Texas, as helicopters are commonly used in many areas of the oil and gas industry. Mechanical failures and pilot error are the most recurring causes of helicopter accidents.
- Light Aircraft Accidents: Recreational aviation is on the rise throughout the United States, and accidents are increasing in frequency. Due to lower airspeeds, survival rates of light aircraft accidents are much higher, but mechanical defects in overused recreational aircraft are often to blame for the accidents that do occur.
- Corporate Aircraft Accidents: If you have sustained injuries onboard a corporate aircraft due to a mis-placed jetway, faulty stairs or any other situation, we can help you with your claim so that you receive compensation for your injuries.
- Commercial Aircraft Accidents: Whether you or a loved one were injured in a serious crash, a loss of cabin pressure, or another type of incident that caused injuries, we can help with your claim for recovery.
- Injuries at the Airport: Injuries at the airport are all too common, from mishandled baggage carts to slip and falls on the slick airport floors and more.
- Injuries onboard commercial airlines: From faulty equipment onboard to someone’s carry-on falling onto you from overhead, onboard accidents occur every day.
Through a personal injury claim, you may be able to recover compensation for your medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, rehabilitation costs, disability and disfigurement, pain and suffering, and more. The exact amount of compensation you can receive will vary depending on the details of your accident.
At Williams Hart we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you or someone you love has been the victim of a helicopter or airplane crash, contact our offices at (888) 220-0640.