Attorney Sejal Brahmbhatt is a highly skilled legal expert of the Williams Hart team, who, for the past 18 years, has established an impressive record in personal injury, pharmaceutical litigation, and labor and employment law. Sejal is licensed to practice in Texas, Pennsylvania, Missouri, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court. She is a member of several legal professional associations and has received countless awards and honors throughout her career.
Her inherent drive to help others seemed certain long before Sejal was born. "My parents went through tremendous hardship in the 70's. They were in Uganda when Idi Amin kicked out all of the Indians. My parents, who lived in the country, had no rights or representation. The stories of their struggles during this time left a lasting impression on me and influenced my decision to become an attorney."
After graduating from the University of Houston with a double major in Psychology and Political Science in 1996, Sejal went on to acquire her law degree at South Texas College of Law in 2000. "As the first child on my father's side of the family to graduate from college, let alone law school, I feel an obligation to serve not just my family, but the community at large. That obligation pushes me professionally as I find my drive in the injured people that we represent."
To Sejal, teamwork within the firm is what makes Williams Hart different. "I work with an excellent team. We all get along and support one another. We all come from different walks of life and unique backgrounds, but when we band together; we are a true force to be reckoned with. That unity and our common cause, getting the best result for our clients, is the real advantage of this firm." She adds, "We form bonds with our clients and want the very best for them so when a client is happy with their outcome, that is not just a good day for them, but it is a good day for me and the firm!”
Sejal, who grew up in Sugar Land, Texas with her parents and younger sister, has sage advice for her clients or anyone who is involved in any sort of lawsuit and that is, "Be patient! We work hard on your behalf and will do everything possible to get the best possible outcome for you, but the legal process takes time."
Contact Sejal or any other dedicated attorney at Williams Hart today to learn more about how we may be able to help you.
Areas of Practice
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Labor and Employment Law
- Sejal has worked for Williams Hart since 2003.
- Before starting at Williams Hart, Sejal clerked at Hocker, Morrow & Mathews, and at the Harris County Attorney's Office.
- Sejal interned at the American Civil Liberties Union and at the Texas Attorney General's Office, in the Child Support Division.
- Bachelor of Arts from the University Of Houston
- Double Major in Psychology and Political Science, 12/1996
- Juris Doctorate from the South Texas College of Law, 5/2000
- Dean's Fellowship Scholarship Recipient
- President of the International Law Society
- Student Bar Association Representative
- Secretary of the Women's Legal Forum
- Treasurer of the South Asian Law Students Association
- Publicist of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
Legal Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Invited Faculty - Mass Torts Made Perfect, October 108, Las Vegas, NV
- Named a 2016 Top Mass Tort/Toxic Tort Lawyer in H-Texas Magazine
- Appointed by Judge Claire Cecchi to the national Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the Proton Pump Inhibitor (“PPI”) Litigation - December 2018
- Invited Faculty – Texas Women’s Rainmakers August 2017, Houston, TX
- Invited Faculty – Mass Torts Made Perfect, April 2018, Las Vegas, NV
- 2013 and 2014 Super Lawyers Rising Stars, awarded by Thomson Reuters
- Invited speaker: AAJ Women Trial Lawyers Caucus: Women's Leadership Summit: Assuring Success in your Practice. July 2012, Chicago, IL
- Invited moderator: AAJ Annual Convention: Section on Toxic, Environmental, and Pharmaceutical Torts. July 2012, Chicago, IL
- Speaker 2008 American Association for Justice Summer Conference in Philadelphia - part of the "Litigation at Sunrise" series. Paper: Paxil, Pregnancy and Birth Defects
- Invited Faculty: AAJ Toxic Tort, Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Seminar 2009 Las Vegas, NV - "Paxil - Key Causation and Medical Issues"
- Invited Faculty: AAJ Annual 2010 Winter Convention Maui, HA "The Five Vowels of a Pharmaceutical Trial"
- Past board member of Network of Indian Professionals (NetIP)
- Appointed Member of AAJ Exchange Advisory Committee
- Invited Faculty: AAJ Annual Convention, July 2013, San Francisco, CA: "Anti-Epileptic Drugs and Birth Defects"
- Faculty at Mass Torts Made Perfect, October 2013 – "Update on the Depakote Litigation"
- Named a 2015 Top Mass Tort/Toxic Tort Lawyer in H-Texas Magazine
Licensed to Practice
- U.S. Supreme Court
- State of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- State of Missouri
- State of Pennsylvania
- Western District of Texas
- She speaks fluent Gujarati, conversational Spanish and Hindi