Ned Barnett is a skilled criminal defense lawyer who has nearly 30 years of legal experience in the Houston area. Currently of counsel with Williams Hart, Barnett is dedicated to challenging the government's power over individuals and defending the constitutional rights of people accused of crimes. Since opening his own practice in 1994, Ned has represented scores of people charged with criminal offenses in the greater Houston area.
- Graduated from the University of Houston Law Center in 1987
- Founding member of the National College of DUI Defense
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Criminal law
Licensed to practice
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Served as an Assistant District Attorney in Galveston County, where he was lead trial attorney in over 40 jury trials, winning over 90%.
- Federal prosecutor for the United States Attorney's Office, where he was lead attorney in nearly a dozen jury trials with a perfect record.
- Went into private practice as a criminal defense attorney in 1994.