Attorney Margret Lecocke considers herself lucky to have found a place with Williams Hart, where her inquisitive nature is not only an advantage to her profession but a necessary qualification. Her skillful articulation in public speaking is a valuable resource to the legal team when presenting information to clients and staff alike.
An intellectual with a fondness for literature, Margret graduated from Columbia University in New York with a BA in English. "I have always loved to read. Books, magazines, newspapers, menus; I will read anything. English by far was my favorite subject in high school.” It was this inclination to analyze literary text that led her to the discovery that practicing law was the perfect path for her.
Margret enjoys the challenge of practicing law. "I am lucky enough to exercise my brain every day. My cases span a wide range of subjects, from pharmaceuticals to labor disputes to motor vehicle accidents. I am constantly learning the mechanics of something new."
"Without a doubt, the fact that I actually get to guide people through life-altering problems is the real reward at the end of each day. This firm is dedicated to protecting our clients' rights, and because we all share a common goal, we work WITH each other and not against each other. When you have that harmony, everyone benefits, most importantly, our clients."
When she isn't reading or working, Margret is often baking or practicing pilates. "I'll do anything active. I just like to stay in motion when I'm not at work." Margret's charitable endeavors include National Public Radio (NPR), the Houston Ballet and the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
Contact Margret or any other Williams Hart attorney today to learn more about your legal rights and options.
Areas of Practice
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Labor and Employment Law
- Manage personal injury docket of approximately 10-20 cases. Cases include motor vehicle accidents, plant explosions, and premises liability.
- Responsible for firm's pharmaceutical docket.
- Trial experience in Fen Phen litigation.
- Read and comprehend Spanish.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2004
- Columbia University, Barnard College, 2001, BA English
Legal Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice
- Pennsylvania Bar
- Young Professionals on the Rise 2008
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2012-2018
- Top Attorneys – Texas Outstanding Young Women Lawyers, Texas Monthly, January 2019
Licensed to Practice
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- National Public Radio (NPR)
- Houston Ballet
- Houston Humane Society