Firm partner Jim Hart is an exceptional legal professional, former quarterback, family man, and native Texan with an innate dedication to protecting and serving those who have been wrongfully injured by negligent corporations. His compassionate presence invokes a sense of comfort among clients and staff alike.
Jim began his journey in the legal industry with a few small, but worthwhile, detours. Prior to entering law school at Texas Tech, Jim was a starting quarterback for Texas Tech Red Raiders in Lubbock. It was there he met his wife, Susan. "She was a Red Raider Recruiter when I played ball and we had a mutual recruit we were showing around campus...Susan and I started dating from that point forward."
After working for a small developer in commercial real estate for 2 years, Jim and Susan were married. He began classes shortly after at the Texas Tech School of Law. "I got married the summer before law school and I teased my wife about how hard I thought it was to bring my grades to my parents and then discovered it was much harder to bring them home to your wife who was working full time while I was in school."
The newlywed’s efforts would pay off; Jim went on to graduate with honors and has since accrued an impressive record of courtroom triumphs, which largely includes involved toxic torts, product liability, and work-related injuries, with numerous cases involving fires and explosions at chemical plants and refineries. As someone who understands the challenges of supporting a household on one income, Jim is a strong advocate for those who find themselves injured and out of work through no fault of their own. "Whether it is allowing someone who is unable to work to be provided the money that will allow them to support their families for the rest of their lives or working on a union matter and being able to put an employee back to work who did not deserve to be terminated, we are focused on helping the client get results."
And Jim believes Williams Hart is best assembled to deliver those results to its clients. "We are a well rounded firm that focuses on representing individual plaintiffs. We are one of the few firms in the country doing what we do with the staff and financial ability to handle any case size. This allows us to always maximize the results for our clients."
While his profession does keep him busy, Jim is a family man at heart and manages to spend quality time with Susan and their five daughters. In his childrens’ youth, he enjoyed coaching the girls’ basketball teams, attending cheerleading competitions and dance recitals. Although his daughters are all grown, he still spends as much time with them as he can. Outside of the office, Jim is also a golfer and an avid spectator of his Alma Mater’s athletic teams. (Go Tech!)
As a final piece of advice for clients, Jim says that they should always be honest with their attorney and feel like they have a good and open line of communication with them. "I am in a rare profession where you can see your hard work and how it directly helps people. Our clients should always feel like they are a part of that process and realize how much of an important role they play in the overall success of their cases."
Contact Jim or any other dedicated attorneys at Williams Hart to discover more about your legal options.
Areas of Practice
- Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Personal Injury
- Toxic Torts
- Product Liability
- Work-Related Injuries
- Fires and Explosions at Chemical Plants and Refineries
- Jim is Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has handled various matters before most state and federal employment and labor related agencies. Additionally, Jim has tried numerous personal injury lawsuits in Texas and Pennsylvania. A majority of his personal injury cases have involved toxic torts, product liability, and work-related injuries, with numerous cases involving fires and explosions at chemical plants and refineries. He practiced labor and employment law in Houston with Andrews & Kurth, until making the move to Williams Hart in 1995.
- Juris Doctorate degree, with honors Texas Tech School of Law in 1991 Member of Phi Delta Phi and Order of the Coif
- Texas Tech University B.B.A. in Finance in 1984 Four-year varsity letterman on the football team and a captain his senior year
Legal Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- Texas State Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jim was awarded one of the Top 50 personal injury plaintiff and cross-claimant jury verdicts in Texas in the year 2017.
- Jim was named a Super Lawyer®, by Thomson Reuters, in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 as selected by practicing attorneys in Texas
- Named 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell
Licensed to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit