April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month!
Posted on Monday, April 1st, 2019 at 1:44 pm by Williams Hart | Updated: Friday, April 19th, 2019 at 12:13 pm
NHTSA data showed that at least 3,450 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers in 2016. Distracted drivers include those who were texting and driving. This is an epidemic within our society and one which comes at a high cost.
Here are some ways you can make a difference:
- Remove the temptation to text while driving. Keeping your phone out of reach!
- Teenagers are some of the most likely people to get into a texting-related accident. Take the initiative to talk to the teens in your life about responsible driving.
- Speak up if you are in a car with a distracted driver! Your life is in their hands when driving.
- Assign a passenger to perform tasks regarding mobile devices on behalf of the driver.
- Always wear your seat belt. Your seat belt is your first defense against unsafe drivers on the road around you.
- Stay aware of your surroundings on the road! Sadly, you might be sharing the road with distracted drivers. Stay alert and stay safe.
- Report erratic driving to the authorities.
At Williams Hart, we have a track record of success in fighting for the victims of car accidents. We have seen first hand the damage a distracted driver can do. Many people suffer permanent injuries related to car accidents. Distracted driving accidents are totally preventable. It is important that we do our part to make the road a safer place for everyone.
If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident call us or send us an email for a 100% FREE consultation. See if you qualify for a lawsuit and learn more about your recovery options.