Houston Amusement Park Accident Attorneys
Amusement parks are extremely popular recreational destinations, particularly during the spring and summer months. The variety of attractions available at many amusement parks, ranging from roller coasters and water rides to more simple enjoyments such as carnival games, make them an ideal place for friends and family members to spend time together. Unfortunately, amusement park visitors may be subject to unusual injury risks if the operators of the park fail to follow proper safety procedures.
If you have been injured at an amusement park because of someone else’s negligence, you should not be forced to pay for your accident-related expenses on your own. That’s why we’re here to help. The Houston amusement park accident lawyers of Williams Hart can help you understand all of your legal rights and options in this trying situation and will fight on your behalf for the compensation you need. Contact us today at (866) 471-2146 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced member of our legal team.
Contact us today at (713) 352-7071 to start your FREE consultation.
Billions Recovered for Our Clients
Contact us today at (713) 352-7071 to start your FREE consultation.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Filing a personal injury lawsuit is a complicated process, and can be difficult without the guidance of a knowledgeable attorney. An experienced lawyer will fight on your behalf to ensure that the liable parties are held responsible. Furthermore, an insurance company representative is not your friend. Insurers are focused on their bottom line and do not have your best interests at heart. When possible, the insurance companies will do everything in their power to pay you a minimal amount of compensation in order to save money. If you do not have a skilled attorney by your side, you are less likely to obtain the appropriate and fair amount of compensation and damages that you are entitled to.
Williams Hart has the experience and knowledge necessary to deal with insurance companies and protect clients’ rights. Let us handle the complex legal issues so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries. If you or a loved one has been severely injured in an amusement park accident, we are here to help. You do not have to endure this process alone.
Why Choose Us?
If you or a loved one has suffered devastating injuries because of another party’s negligence at an amusement park, you may be unsure of what to do and how to proceed. You may have to sort through insurance matters, medical expenses, and issues related to lost income due to missing work. You need an experienced legal team to assist you with receiving compensation for your accident.
The attorneys at Williams Hart have over 30 years of experience in representing personal injury clients, including those who have suffered injuries in amusement parks. Our track record of success speaks for itself, as we have secured billions of dollars in settlements for our clients. There is not a case that is too big or too small, and we provide the same level of commitment to each and every client. We are on your side, every step of the way, to fight for you and the justice you deserve.
How We Can Help
Personal injury laws are in place to help ensure that those who are the victims of another party’s recklessness or negligence can pursue justice and compensation for their losses.
Popular vacation destinations in America often include carnivals, amusement parks, and theme parks during the summer. Unfortunately, serious injuries and deaths occur at amusement parks as a result of negligence or error on the part of an employee or the park. Because there is not a federal or state agency that currently enforces standards for rides at parks, the exact number of accidents and deaths that occur every year is difficult to determine. When lawsuits are filed, they are often confidential, so the frequency with which these accidents occur is also hard to estimate.
Amusement and theme parks have a legal responsibility to keep their property and equipment in a safe condition. If an individual is injured, steps should be taken to ensure that the injured party receives compensation and damages for their medical expenses, suffering, and/or lost wages.
In the case of amusement parks, this may mean holding the park, its employees, or even product manufacturers accountable for failing to adequately protect park visitors. At Williams Hart, we are prepared to take on a variety of amusement park injury cases, including those involving:
- Mechanical failure: If a component of a ride operates incorrectly, or the ride is not in a safe and secure condition, the amusement park can be held responsible for any mechanical failures that cause serious injuries or death.
- Operator negligence: Not all park employees have the proper experience or training in how to operate an amusement park ride. They may also be distracted when operating this heavy machinery. If an injury occurs due to operator negligence or error, it may be grounds for a lawsuit.
- Poorly designed rides: Sometimes, the fault is not in the operation of the ride, but in the design or construction of the equipment. If you have suffered because of a poorly designed or constructed ride, the theme park and the manufacturer of the equipment can be held responsible.
- Improper behavior by other park attendees: Other attendees in the park may cause injury by rocking the ride, standing up when they are supposed to be secured in the seat, or engaging in other improper behavior that affects the safety of other passengers or causes harm to others. In this case, the park can be held liable as well as the other guests.
- The nature of the ride: Even without mechanical defects, operator error, or poor design, an amusement park ride may still cause an injury due to the nature of the ride itself. The hazardous motion of some rides may cause hemorrhages, concussions, a loss of consciousness, broken or fractured bones, or other devastating injuries with long-term consequences. If you were injured for this reason, whether or not you can recover compensation may depend on your own medical history, the signage posted in the park, and other factors.
These and other common causes of amusement park accidents can place innocent park goers in harm’s way and may result in devastating injuries. A lawyer from Williams Hart can help you determine whether a lawsuit is an option for you and, if so, identify all the liable parties.
Who is Liable for Your Injury?
Williams Hart can help individuals with the filing of claims related to amusement park injuries. The nature of your accident often determines the type of personal injury claim that must be filed as well as the amount and type of compensation you may receive. An amusement park accident usually falls under two categories: negligence or a product liability claim.
- Negligence Claim – If your injury was the result of carelessness by an operator, you may have a claim of negligence. For example, if the park employee neglected to check a safety strap, and an injury took place, the park and the employee can be held responsible because the attendant failed to maintain the proper level of care and safety, resulting in your accident. If this is proven in court, you can receive compensation and/or damages for your injuries.
- Product Liability Claim – In some instances, an individual’s accident may not have occurred due to the negligence of the amusement company or their employees. The ride or the equipment may be damaged or defective due to problematic design, poor construction, or error on the part of the manufacturer. If you are severely harmed due to a hazardous amusement ride or component of a ride, responsible parties may be held accountable under a claim of product liability. For example, if the safety latch on the ride was defective and caused injury, the manufacturer of the faulty part (in this case, the safety latch) may be held liable for the accident.
A lawyer from Williams Hart can help determine which category your claim should fall under.
If you or someone you know has been the victim of an amusement park accident resulting in injury, you may be entitled to pursue compensation for the pain and suffering you’ve been forced to endure. Contact the Houston amusement park injury lawyers of Williams Hart today at (713) 352-7071 to speak with an experienced legal professional and begin working on your case.